My Story –Smruti Ranjan

I was a resident of Jeevan Jyoti Ashram for over five years. I enjoyed living with all the children. We looked after each other. Our godfather, Mr. Prafula Senapati, was always a great inspiration for all of us. It was a very pleasant time. However, once I completed my tenth class certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, I was concerned about what line of education to pursue. Prafula Babu advised me that I could remain at the ashram only until I turned eighteen years old. Fortunately our counsellor, Mita Ma, advised that there were a few options at the KIIT University in Bhubaneswar. I agreed to apply for a seat in the Electronics program there and was delighted to be accepted. Today I am able to stay on KIIT’s campus in the dormitory. I am extremely grateful to both Prafula Babu and Mita Ma for their guidance and assistance over the last several years. I would also like to thank my sponsor family in Charlotte, USA, for their generosity in supporting my education in college.

Comments